Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Obsession

My new obsession is my Jaw Surgery. I think about it when I am awake, I dream about it when I am asleep. I look up other's blogs and photos. I purchase items I will need when I am at home after surgery. The obsession is taking over my world.

I have 6 days until surgery and am very prepared. I bought supplements for swelling as well as mix for shakes. My juicer just arrived in the mail yesterday. I am looking forward to loots of beets, carrots, apples and oranges. I have the humidifier ready, super flossers purchased, epson salt for the bath, lots of broths and soups in the pantry. There is nothing left to do but clean and reorganize the house and make food for the next 2 weeks for my family.

I meet with my Oral Surgeon tomorrow for a physical and last talk about the procedure. He will have already used the models I took in his office last week to make sure he knows what he needs to do in order to bring my teeth together. What I have been told to this point is that I will only need upper jaw surgery. At the office last week he looked at the x-rays and said that I also need my lower wisdom teeth removed. I never had the lower ones done because they are so far down near my jaw and it was suspected that my lower jaw may fracture. I guess if he fractures it while I am in surgery he'll fix it and move on.

I will be home for 3 weeks total from work. The first week will be tough and then I can work from home. I will go back after the swelling is down. I am sure there is something else that needs to be done but I have a few days to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment